odt2braille is a Braille extension to OpenOffice.org Writer. odt2braille will enable authors to print documents to a Braille embosser and to export documents as Braille files. The Braille output is well-formatted and highly customizable.
OpenOffice.org is the leading free and open-source office suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, math and databases. Combined with odt2braille, OpenOffice.org becomes a complete Braille authoring environment.
An overview of all features can be found on the downloads page.
odt2braille is part of ÆGIS, an integrated project funded under the European Commission’s Seventh Framework Programme. ÆGIS aims at embedding open source based accessibility support into every aspect of ICT. ÆGIS does this by providing embedded and built-in accessibility solutions (to improve end-user experience), developers tools (to facilitate development of accessible software) as well as document creation tools (to support document authors in creating accessible information).
- Download the latest version of odt2braille.
- Read the user manual.
- For questions or suggestions: visit our user forum.
- Help us improve this product. Report bugs, request new features or translate odt2braille in your own language.
- Developers that wish to contribute are welcome too.
- Stay up to date. Check the news section, subscribe via Atom or follow us on Twitter
Tell us if you use it!
If you use odt2braille or you want to use it regularly, please tell us about it, especially if you are a Braille production centre. We would like to keep a list of important users around the world.